What is Testosterone?:
The hormone, testosterone is created in the testes of men as well as in the adrenal gland. The hormone plays a large part in the normal physical development. Testosterone has many functions, some of which include:
- It is responsible for the development of male genitalia as a fetus develops.
- It is the hormone that increases growth of the penis during the stages of puberty.
- It controls both muscle mass and height.
- It drives the growth of hair.
- It is responsible for the libido and aids in the production of sperm in adult males.
- It aids in bone strengthening.
Low testosterone development can often lead to a number of medical problems. In males low testosterone can cause any of the following to occur:
- Lower sexual interest
- Erectile dysfunction
- Lower volume of sperm
- Breast enlargement
- Quickening of the aging process
There are ways to increase the amount of testosterone in the body. This can be done with injections, creams, patches and pulls. There are also a number of supplements, as well as foods that can enhance the bodys ability to produce testosterone. Testosterone therapy should be performed only under the strict care of a medical practitioner.